Welcome!

Welcome to the Birch Lake Maud Hart Lovelace blog. Here you can read what each book is about and see what other kids are saying about their favorite books. Check it out and add your own comments!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat by Lynne Jonell


Emmy Addison was perfectly happy as the daughter of bookstore owners—and then her parents inherited a lot of money and she suddenly became invisible. She can't understand why her formerly attentive and loving mother and father keep taking off for faraway places and leaving her in the hands of an incredibly controlling nanny named Miss Barmy. And no one at school seems to know she exists. Then, she is bitten by the classroom rat and discovers that she can understand every word he says, as can Joe, one of the cool kids in her class who was also bitten. At this point, events start to unfold and a fast-paced adventure begins. To Joe's chagrin, he discovers that a second bite makes a person shrink to the size of an action figure and Emmy discovers that Miss Barmy has been mixing animal essences together to control the Addisons' lives. With the aid of new animal friends, Emmy embarks upon a perilous path to undo the evil nanny's sinister plans.

12 comments:

  1. I think this book is ok but I didnt realy like it but you still could.


    Katie Rogers, Mr.Hjelm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realy like this book,I thought it was boring.

    Abriana A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. It is awesome because it is funny yet detailed and very cute. I also loved the mouse falling on the side of the page.


    Lizzy D Bethke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thout this book us OK I like all the good detail.

    Rebekah R. Mrs.Bethke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it for the rat takeing to Emmy and it was a great book


    Autumn .T. Mrs.Bethke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I din't like this book because there was not alot of deatail to this but you could like it

    Connor T. Mrs.Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this book is O.K. but it was boring.

    P.S.I still recomend it for Other students


    Sydney Hensley Mrs.Montgomery's class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this book is going to be interesting because it relates to me!
    Emily B. Ms.Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought it was a really good book!!

    Jazleen T.Mr.Hjelm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it was ok. i liked the good detail.


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this book again and I really liked it I like the pert were the rat shrinks.

    Connor Mrs. Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked this book alot! It's long and can get boring at times but the storyline really is easy to relate to. I thought this book was unique. I would recommend it to other students.

    Liselle D. Mrs. Montgomery

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on the book you have read. Remember to only write about the book that your read in your comment.

To post your comment, choose Anonymous. Be sure to include your first name and last initial AND your teacher's name in your comment. For example, if I am a 5th grader in Mr. Hjelm's class, I will sign my comment this way: Jessie G., Mr. Hjelm